XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

the 80's

I graduated high school and attended college in the 1980s so you would think that this channel was made for me. Wrong, I spent the eighties listening to mostly punk/alternative music and this channel plays mostly pop hits. However a greater variety of music is played on the 80's than is played on the 70's. I recognized and remembered just about every song played and in many cases it's video (remember when MTV played videos?). So there is a nostaglia factor for me that makes me like this channel slightly more than the 70's channel, but it still doesn't rate a preset.

Amount of time spent listening: 3 to 4 hours

Heard on the 80's:
"Waiting on a Thin Line", Huey Lewis & the News; "Jesse's Girl", Rick Springfield; "Karma Chameleon", Culture Club; "I'm So Excited", Pointer Sisters; "Super Freak", Rick James; "Let's Groove", Earth Wind & Fire; "Brilliant Disguise", Bruce Springsteen; "9 to 5", Dolly Parton; "Don't Forget Me", Glass Tiger; "Pride", U2; "Bad Boy", Gloria Estefan; "Take My Breath Away", Berlin; "All This Time", Tiffany; "Heart Beat", Don Johnson; "Cum On Feel the Noise", Quiet Riot; "Mexican Radio", Wall of Voodoo; "New Sensation", INXS; "Lick It Up", KISS, "Turning Japanese", the Vapors.

Tomorrow: Ethel, 90's and today's alternative