XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Friday, September 10, 2004

Ethel

Ahhh, the first preset of the Bootcamp! Ethel does a decent job of playing a nice mix of current alternative rock and I tune in several times a week. In other words, I like Ethel. The borrowing of Fred's DJs is a plus for me; jukebox-mode is not radio to me. Stabwalt was DJing while I listened tonight and he, like most of XM's DJ's, is personable, conveys a bit of information and doesn't talk over the music.

Ethel XM 47, 90's and today's alternative.

Heard on Ethel:
"Cish Cash", Basement Jaxx; "Transistor", 311; "Always", Blink 182; "Stacked Actors", Foo Fighters; "Pain", Jimmy Eat World; "Fell in Love with a Girl", the White Stripes; "Heart-shaped Box", Nirvana; "Black Betty", Spiderbait; "No Surprises", Radiohead; "Chain", the Fire Theft; "Jumper", Third Eye Blind; "Sgt. Baker", Primus; "Bam Thwok", the Pixies; "You Get What You Give", the New Radicals; "Run", Snow Patrol.

Amount of time spent listening: 1 to 2 hours

"Basically, I was trying to rip off the Pixies."
Kurt Cobain, talking about "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Tomorrow: Kiss (Pop hits)