XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Friday, September 10, 2004

Kiss

Kiss is XM's pop hits channel. I'm not a real big pop music fan and Kiss isn't well done at all, so I rarely listen to it and it certainly isn't a preset. So what's wrong with Kiss? It's biggest problem is that it has no personality of its own. This is largely due to the fact that there are no DJs on Kiss. A pop channel has to have DJs that can hold my interest when there are a few songs that are "duds", otherwise I'm not listening for very long. I'd like to see XM get rid of Clear Channels's influence on Kiss and create their own pop channel (and drop the stupid 'Kiss' name), but I'm not going to hold my breath. It's been like this since I first subscribed to XM almost two years ago and I don't see it improving any time soon.

A good pop channel could be one of XM's flagship channels; a channel that everyone talks about and makes a point of listening to at least a little bit. Kiss is most definately not that channel.

Kiss XM 21, pop hits

Heard on Kiss:
"Ocean Avenue", Yellowcard; "Come Clean", Hilary Duff; "Seven Days", Craig David; "She Will Be Loved", Maroon 5; "Goodies", Ciara/P. Pablo; "Naughty Girl", Beyonce; "One Thing", Finger 11; "I Wanna Be Bad", Willa Ford; "My Happy Ending", Avril Lavigne; "Work It", Missy Elliot; "Toxic", Britney Spears; "Breaking the Habit", Linkin Park; "Give Me Just One", 98 Degrees; "Leave (Get Out)", JoJo; "Slow Motion", Juvenile.

Time spent listening: 1 hour (I couldn't take it any more), evening

Tomorrow: Lucy, classic alternative hits