XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The 90's

In general I don't care for the decade channels and the 90's is no exception. The 90's plays the hits from the decade. Pop hits in addition to being boring and forgettable most of the time also come from many styles of music. Take a look at what I heard in my short time listening today (see below). Journey, Concrete Blonde, Salt-N-Pepper and Ice Cube were just a few of the artists that I was subjected to. It's this jumping from style to style that I really don't like. Finally the DJ seemed to be trying too hard to be wild and crazy. (RIP John Peel)

The 90's, nineties hits, XM 9
My previous experience with channel: very little.

Heard on The 90's:
"I'll Be", Edwin McCain; "Mr. Jones", Counting Crows; "No More Lies", Michel'le; "Coco Jamboo", Mr President; "Ghetto Cowboy", Mo Thugs; "Bad of the Heart", George Lamond; "The Way", Fastball; "You Gotta Be", Des'ree; "When You Love A Woman", Journey; "Bog Gun", Ice Cube/feat. G; "Someday", Mariah Carey; "Joey", Concrete Blonde; "Whatta Man", Salt-N-Pepper; "Where Do You Go", No Mercy; "Back to Good", Matchbox 20; "Come Baby Come", K7; "Rosa Parks", Outkast; "Warm It Up", Kris Kross.

Time spent listening: roughly an hour.

Tomorrow: Mix, contemporary hits, XM 22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home