XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Ngoma

What a pleasant surprise! At first I thought "this sounds kinda strange", then I thought "this will make a good background channel" and finally I just plain like this channel. The vocals are wonderful (even when not sung in English) with nice harmonies and the rhythms are catchy without being overbearing. In addition to being informative, the DJs are also warm and inviting. Overall a well done channel that I intend to listen to more.

Ngoma, African, XM 102
My previous experience with channel: very little.

Heard on Ngoma:
"Sandruma", Sacramento; "Ko Ko Ko Ko", Koffi Olomide; "Femme de Feu", Gadji Celi; "Siyobonana", Brenda Fassie; "Pitbull Chien Me", Benz Petrole; "Toman Tehti Mbak", Soukous Stars; "Iwai Nesu", Chiwoniso; "Ambiance Soukour", Aurlus Mabele; "Hima", Nawal; "Batoumambe", Habib Kotie; "Dia Le Mi", Angele Assele; "Allah", Youssou N'dour; "I'm Gonna Fly", Mercy Myra; "So Doce So Ei", Boy Mendes Ge; "Welcome Mbilia", Mbilia Bel; "Nsati", Jeff Maluleke.

Time spent listening: about three hours and I'll be back.

Tomorrow: X Country, Progressive Country, XM 12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home