XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Real Jazz

I often listen to Real Jazz when I want a break from my routine listening of rock music and sports talk. This isn't a mere background channel for me. I like jazz (especially Miles Davis and John Coltrane) and Real Jazz is the first place I turn when I need a jazz fix. This is traditional jazz at its best. It's the home of Miles, Trane, Monk, Dizzy and Bird.

Real Jazz, traditional jazz, XM 70
My previous experience with channel: it's a preset, when I want to listen to a little jazz this is the first channel I turn to.

Heard on Real Jazz:
"Dream Dancing", Zoot Sims; "Ninth Ward Blues", Irvin Mayfield; "Duck, Duck, Blue", Rick Stone; "Ms Shirley Scot", Terrell Stafford; "When I Fall in Love", Don Braden; "I Wish I knew How", Billy Taylor Tr; "Black and Blue", Louis Armstrong; "Wabash Blues", Doc Cheatham; "Boplicity", Miles Davis; "Hot House", Bobby Broom; "Lost ina Fog", Terence Blanchard; "O Amor Em Pazy", Cannonball Adder; "Just Like Living", Mose Allison; "Arigato", Hank James.

Time spent listening: an hour

Tomorrow: The Move, underground dance, XM 80