XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Friday, September 24, 2004

RAW

"Only sick music makes money today."
Friedrich Nietzsche

It's been a long time since I heard the 'N' word, 'F' word and the dreaded 'MF' curse word used so frequently. Is this some sort of artistic expression that I don't get? Do any of these "artists" know how to play an instrument? To my untrained ears this stuff is nothing more than repetitious noise with a whole lot of nonsensical cursing going on at the same time. Maybe junior high school kids get a kick out of hearing all of this cursing, but to me it's so over used it becomes meaningless. I mean if someone is always using the 'F' Bomb, then how do you know when he is really pissed? Furthermore Misters Baby D and Lil Flip don't even mention what they are checking the Ho for - sexually transmitted diseases I hope! I guess that I'm just too old to fully appreciate this channel.

"Rap music, more like crap music."
Bill O'Neil, WNYX News Radio

RAW, uncut hip-hop XM 66
My previous experience with channel: slim to none.

Heard on RAW:
"Ooh Nuthin", Project Pat; "Hot Sauce to Go", Jada/Pharrell; "I Ain't Heard o' That", Slim Thug; "Aquemini", Outkast; "Ms Kra-Z", Kra-Z; "Who Dat", JT Money-Feat; "99 Problems", T.I.; "Ho Check", Baby D/ Lil Flip; "Straight Cadillac", 8 Ball & MJG.

Time spent listening: about 30 minutes

Tomorrow: XM Classics, traditional classical, XM 110