XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Nashville

Contemporary country music is nothing more than pop music with some country window dressing. Its singers strive to project a wholesome image and add some twang to the guitars, sometimes a little fiddle to the hooks, or maybe some banjo to the instrumental breaks; but to me it's still boring banal pop music. This is what Nashville plays and I don't care for it.

Nashville, 90's & today's country, XM 11
My previous experience with channel: never really listend to it before.

Heard on Nashville:
"Give A Little Love", Judds; "Somebody New", Billy Ray Cyrus; "Days Go By", Keith Urban; "Friends in Low Places", Garth Brooks; "Girls Lie Too", Terri Clark; "Prop Me Up Beside the Juke Box", Joe Diffie; "Don't Go Near the Water", Sammy Kershaw; "Burn One Down", Clint Black; "I Feel Lucky", Mary Chapin Carpenter; "My Second Home", Tracy Lawrence; "I Can't Sleep", Clay Walker; "Jukebox in My Mind", Alabama; "I Miss You A Little", John Montgomery; "Blame It On Your Lying", Patty Loveless; "Lesson IN Leaving", Jo Messina Dee; "Some Girls Do", Sawyer Brown; "Heart Full of Love", Holly Dunn; "Standing Outside", Garth Brooks; "John J Blanchard", Anthony Smith; "To Have You Back", Patty Loveless; "Past the Point", Hal Ketchum; "In A Real Love", Phil Vassar; "A Little Past Little Rock", Lee Ann Womack; "Blue", Leann Rimes; "Every Light in the House", Trace Adkins; "I Ain't Goin' Nowhere", Martina McBride; "Riding with Private Malone", David Ball.

Time spent listening: about 1 hour, evening

Tomorrow: U-Pop, Euro & global hits, XM 29