XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Saturday, September 25, 2004

XM Classics

XM Classics is one reason I got XM to begin with. Several years ago I started to listen to classical music and Philadelphia doesn't have a 24/7 classical radio station anymore. WFLN closed up shop years ago. I have not been disappointed with the classical music on XM. It's wonderful, XM Classics in particular. The DJs, Martin Goldsmith and Paul Bachmann, are great. They have a nice relaxed conversational style and don't talk down to the listeners.

Furthermore XM Classics plays complete works of a wide variety of composers. For example in several hours of listening this afternoon I heard Tchaikovsky and JS Bach in addition to two composers I've never listened to before, Westhoff and Kozeluch. This isn't a background channel for me. It plays fabulous music that's a joy to experience.

XM Classics, traditional classical, XM 110
My previous experience with channel: preset, listen a few times a week.

Heard on XM Classics:
Sleeping Beauty, Tchaikovsky; Suite in A Major, Johan Westhoff; Violin & Oboe Concerto, JS Bach; Sinofina Concertante, Leopold Kozeluch.

Time spent listening: several hours.

Tomorrow: no channels are scheduled for Sundays. I'll reflect on the past week and look ahead to the upcoming week. Plus Sunday Spotlight.