XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Monday, October 11, 2004

Highway 16

Highway 16 (Top Country Hits) is very similar to Nashville (XM 11, 90's and Today's Country). I guess the difference is Highway 16 sticks to the current hits while Nashville mixes in some hits from the 1990's along with today's country. This subtle difference is lost on me. They both sound like pop channels to me, albeit with country trim to set it apart from the usual top forty pop. This channel is very bland and boring to me.

Highway 16, Top Country Hits
My previous experience with channel: very little. I tuned in to see what it was like when the channel launched, but I haven't listened since.

Heard on Highway 16:
"Don't Break My Heart Again", Pat Green; "Suds in the Bucket",Sara Evans; "Dixie Rose Delux", Trent Willmon; "Some Days You Go", Dixie Chicks; "Feels Like Today", Rascal Flats; "Bless the Broken", Rascal Flatts; "Where You Are", Rascal Flatts; "Then I Did", Rascal Flatts; "Break Away", Rascal Flatts; "When the Sand Runs Out", Rascal Flatts; "The Day Before You", Rascal Flatts; "Holes", Rascal Flatts; "Skin", Rascal Flatts; "Oklahoma Texas Line", Rascal Flatts.

Note: at 6:00 pm ET, I ran into a show called Short Cuts that featured Rascal Flatts. The show was your basic interview/song type program. The DJ interviewed the band in between playing cuts from their new CD.

Time spent listening: about an hour.

Tomorrow: The Groove, Old School R&B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home