XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Fred

I see Fred people. I hear Television.

Fred has been one of my favorite XM channels ever since I got XM almost two years ago. Fred plays the history of alternative music (as the channel promos remind us). It is essentially the alternative equivalent of Deep Tracks. You won't hear the 'hits' so much as other songs by recording artists. For instance today I heard "Down in the Park" by Gary Newman and not his hit "Cars". You'll also hear groups that never really had a hit, like Television (a group I like a lot), but influenced later musicians.

If you like any of the other alternative channels on XM then be sure to check out my friend Fred.

Fred, Deep Classic Alternative, XM 44
My previous experience with channel: it's one of my very favorite XM channels.

Heard on Fred:
"Hello Sandy Allen", Split Enz; "King of Emotion", Big Country; "Big Shot", English Beat; "Jealous of Youth", The The; "All I Need Is Everything", Aztec Camera; "Caution", Chameleons UK; "Down in the Park", Gary Newman; "I Want to Touch", Catherine Wheel; "Peek-A-Boo", Siouxsie and the Banshees; "Prove It", Television; "Is She Wierd", the Pixies; "88 Line About", the Nails; "All Day", Ministry; "

Time spent listening: about an hour.

Tomorrow: Fine Tuning, Eclectic, XM 76

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home