XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

the 50's

It's still Rock 'n Roll to me.

The 50's is a nice break to my usual XM routine (sports talk and alt music). The music is still interesting after all these years, especially the well known stand-outs: Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc. It doesn't rate a preset, but I'll try to listen every now and then.


the 50's on 5, XM 5

Heard on the 50's:
"The Time", Baby Washington; "I Don't Know", Willie Mabon; "Sad Movies", Sue Thomas; "Peanut Butter", Marathons; "Trouble Blues", Charles Brown; "I'm a Man", Bo Diddley; "Mary Lou"; Ronnie Hawkins; "That'll Be the Day", Buddy Holly & the Crickets; "Stand By Me", Ben E. King; "Break Your Heart", Jerry Butler; "Butcher Pete", Roy Brown; "You Must Have Been", Bobby Darin; "White Port Lemon Juice", Belaires; "Sweet Little 16", Chuck Berry; "Sister Sookey", Turbans; "Everybody's Somebody", Heartbeats; "Robbin' the Cradel", Tony Bellus; "That's Enough", Ray Charles; "My Dad", Paul Petersen; "Whole Lot of Shaken Goin' On", Jerry Lee Lewis.

Time spent listening: 1 hour plus, evening

Tomorrow: the 60's