XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Soul Street

I started to listen to Soul Street a little after midnight. Shortly after I began my listening, I got the sad news that Johnny Ramone passed away. After a sound night's sleep, I spent the afternoon listening to the Johnny Ramone tribute on Fungus. This evening I got back to listening to Soul Street and it really has picked up my mood. The music is bright and lively (it's got soul!) and the DJs are upbeat and positive. It will probably be a preset when I get the new SkyFi 2 (ten more presets than my SkyFi 1).

Soul Street, XM 60
My previous experience with channel: occasional listen

Heard on Soul Street:
"Since I Lost My Baby", the Temptations; "Hello Stranger", Four Tops & the Supremes; "Reggae Woman", Stevie Wonder; "Good Timin'", Jimmy Jones; "Feel Like Makin' Love", Roberta Flack; "Hit the Road", Ray Charles; "Dancin' Machine", Jackson Five; "A Groovy Thing", People's Choice; "Games People Play", the Spinners; "The Watusi", the Vibrations; "Get Out My Life", Lee Dorsey, "Funny", Joe Hinton; "Quicksand", Martha & the Vandelas; "Baby Don't Do It", Marvin Gaye; "Back Up Train", Al Green; "Wang Dang Doodle", Koko Taylor; "Sunshine", the O'Jays; "Clapping Song", Shirley Ellis; "Ain't That a Groove", James Brown; "Found a Girl", Eddie Floyd; "All Laughing", the Spaniels; "Easier Said Than Done", Essex; "Get Down Get Down", Joe Simon.

Time spent listening: about 2 hours, late night, early evening

Tomorrow: XM Cafe, modern/soft alternative