XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bluegrass Junction

A little bluegrass goes a long way with me. The monotonous arpeggios just get to me after awhile, especially if there are two or more going on at the same time. At that point it becomes sound and fury signifying nothing, kind of like fugues. And you know how I feel about fugues (I don't like them).

Bluegrass Junction, From Bluegrass to Newgrass, XM 14
My previous experience with channel: I tune in now and then (mostly then).

Heard on Bluegrass Junction:
"Avocado Shakedown", Strungover!; "Two Highways", Alison Krauss; "The Whup of Love", Andy Statman; "Thank God", Doyle Lawson; "Little Maggie", Ralph Stanley; "Wreck on the Highway", Tennessee Mafia; "The Ground is Le", Blue Highway; "Bluegrass Special", Third Time Out; "Freeborn Man", Jimmy Martin; "Mystery Train", the Rarely Herd; "I Feel Fine", Charles River Va; "I Know Where Love", Kenny & Amanda; "When You Come Back", Nickel Creek at XM; "Early Morning Rain", Tony Rice; "Left Over Biscuit", Lost & Found; "Heartbreak Insurance", Doyle Lawson; "Life or Love", Jimmy Bowen; "Shuckin' the Cor", Flatt & Scruggs; "Black River", Steep Caynon Ran.

Time spent listening: a little over an hour.

Tomorrow: The Joint, reggae, XM 101

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home