XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Friday, October 01, 2004

Hank's Place

I rarely listen to country music but when I do it's usually Hank's Place (or X Country). In general, traditional country doesn't bother me but sometimes the lap steel and slide guitar just gets to me and I have to change the channel. On the other hand, Johnny Cash is an American treasure and you'll find him at Hank's Place. Some people don't like the whole Hank's Place theme. As for me, I like it because it sets the channel apart from the other channels. You really should make time to visit Hank's Place, at least for a little while.

Hank's Place, traditional country, XM 13
My previous experience with channel: very little, I've tuned in here and there.

Heard on Hank's Place:
"Neon Rose", Mel Tillis; "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels", Lynn Anderson; "Crazy Arms", Ray Price; "Open Up Your Heart", Buck Owens; "Sweet Dreams", Faron Young; "Livin' A House of the Lord", David Houston; "Devil in the Bot", T.G. Sheppard; "Wish I didn't Have to Miss You", Jack & Jeannie; "Nothing Sure Looks", Gene Watson; "Bluest Heartache", Kenny Dale; "The Poor Hobo", Frenchie Burke; "Home to Texas", Johnny Bush; "Big Balls in Cow", Bob Wills; "Coat of Many Colors", Dolly Parton; "Sunday Morning Coming Down", Johnny Cash; "A Fallen Star", Ferlin Husky; "No Way Out", Johnny Paycheck; "Texas Boogie", Dale Watson; "Six Days on the Road", Dave Dudley; "Here We Go Again", Red Steagall; "Dance with Me", Johnny Rodriguez; "Empty Arms", Sonny James; "Last Date", Floyd Cramer; "Here I am Drunk Again", Moe Brandy; "Crazy", Patsy Cline.

Time spent listening: a little over an hour

Tomorrow: The Torch, Christian rock, XM 31