XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

America

I'm sure to some people it don't mean a thang if it don't have that twang, but I'm not one of those people. I will admit that I prefer America and Hank's Place to Nashville and Highway 16. So what's the difference between America (classic country) and Hank's Place (traditional country)?

My untrained country ear will take a stab. The songs on America sound to be more polished than the songs on Hank's Place. Also America plays newer artists than Hank's Place. Nashville and Highway 16 just play pop music dressed up in country clothes.

America, classic country, XM 10
My previous experience with channel: none really.

Heard on America:
"Spring", Tanya Tucker; "Hey Good Lookin'", Hank Williams; "Last Cheater's Waltz", T.G. Sheppard; "Drinkin' My Baby", Charlie Daniels; "John Deere Tractor", the Judds; "Friend Lover Wife", Johnny Paycheck; "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies", Ed Bruce; "Texas Me and You", Asleep at the Wheel; "Willy Jones", Susan Raye; "Choices", George Jones; "Don't Worry", Marty Robbins; "Little Ways", Dwight Yoakum; "Teach Me to Cheat", Kendalls; "I'm No Stranger", Keith Whitley; "What's Happened", Jessi Colter; "She Used to Love Me A Lot", David Allan Coe; "Corpus Christi Bay", Johnny Rodriguez.

Time spent listening: an hour or so.

Tomorrow: BPM, dance hits, XM 81

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home