XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Vox

I like classical music, so why don't I listen to Vox more than I do? Vox plays a lot of opera and I would rather watch opera. Also most operas tend to be long and when I sit down to listen to a piece of music I want to listen to the entire selection. Often I don't have the time for a full opera.

Take me to the lieder!
I would really like a chamber music channel added to the Classical neighborhood. A channel that plays a variety of instrumental chamber music in addition to vocal chamber music would be fantastic.

Vox, opera / classical voices
My previous experience with channel: little to none.

Heard on Vox:
Mass No. 4 in C, Shubert; Six Hymns for Two, Rheinberger; Orchestral Intro, M. Bruch; Die Schoene Mullerin, Schubert; Tribute to Foste, P. Grainger; Neue Liebesliebe, Brahms; Le Reveil De La, Maurice Ravel; Call of the Cham, John Williams; America the Beautiful, Daniel Rodriguez; Bring Him Home, Daniel Rodriguez; Battle Hymn of the Republic, Howe; Der Corregidor, Wolf; Spanish Songbook, Hugo Wolf; Wayfarer Songs, Gustav Mahler; Rienzi, Richard Wagner.

Time spent listening: several hours.

Tomorrow:
No channels are scheduled for Sunday's. I will review the past week and look forward to next week. Also Sunday Spot Light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home