XM Radio Bootcamp 3

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Reflection and Projection

This past week was an interesting one for me. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Aguila (Mexican music), and Hear Music (The Voice of Music at Starbucks) is a nice addition to XM's channel line-up. Hear Music needs a deeper playlist (Elvis Costello and Ray Charles are played a lot), but hopefully it will deepen as the new channel evolves.

I rate the week's channels this way:
1. The Joint
2. Bluesville
3. Vox
4. Hear Music
5. Bluegrass Junction
6. Aguila

Channels next week:
Mon. Highway 16, Top Country Hits
Tue. The Groove, Old School R&B
Wed. Fred, Deep Classic Alternative
Thu. Fine Tuning, Eclectic
Fri. On Broadway, Show Tunes
Sat, The Heart, Love Songs

I'm not a real big country or rap fan, but I can handle these two channels. Fred is one of my most frequently listened to channels and Fine Tuning is a pre-set. I've never listened to On Broadway or The Heart for very long, so it will be nice to check them out.

Sunday Spotlight

XM Comedy (XM 150)
When you want to have a few laughs tune into XM Comedy. You'll hear some very funny people, such as Lewis Black, Ron White, George Carlin and Brian Regen. There is a comedy show Friday nights at 10:00 pm ET that features a comedian. It's usually either a recored stand-up performance or an interview interspersed with recorded bits. Note: this is an XL channel (extreme language), so you will occasionally hear a naughty word or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home